Certified Phlebotomist Technician 1 (CPT1)
Title: Certified Phlebotomy Technician
Quality Temp Staffing has been a leader in medical staffing since 1988.
We're looking for individuals who are interested in career growth and have the strategic ability to plan for their professional futures.
Quality Temp Staffing offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. The work environment is stimulating, challenging, and fun. You'll be working with an award-winning team with an impressive track record.
We are currently seeking Certified Phlebotomy Technicians in the Los Angeles County.
* Completes test request forms completely and accurately and verifies client/patient test orders and client/patient billing information by telephone when necessary;
* Collects blood specimens from patients of all age groups and physical conditions by venipuncture;
* Performs specialized collections and testing procedures (e.g. paternity collections, breath/saliva alcohol testing, Test cup, hair analysis and others as required);
* Centrifuges blood specimens as required by protocol and prepare specimens to maintain specimen integrity for transport to the appropriate laboratory or staging area;
* Collects unobserved urine specimens by ensuring the necessary chain of custody protocol and following all procedures;
* Completes and maintains appropriate inventory levels to ensure that specimens can be collected as required, all clerical duties can be performed, and the collection site can be kept clean;
* Cleans to ensure collection/processing area surfaces are disinfected and bathroom and patient waiting areas are disinfected and free of dirt and stray trash;
* Performs a variety of clerical duties (e.g. faxing, filing, photocopying, answering phones, etc.) completely, accurately and within established time frames.
* Qualified candidates must be California State certified in Phlebotomy (CPT-1 or CPT-2).
* Must have a minimum of two (2) years direct phlebotomy experience including: blood collection by venipuncture and capillary technique from patients of all age groups; urine drug screen collections; paternity collections; difficult draws.
* Minimum of 24 months Acute care experience within 36 months
* Comprehensive understanding of compliance and safety; ability to effectively communicate the importance of compliance and safety to others; courteous, proactive, and responsive customer service; computer and data entry experience.
* Must have a valid (AHA) CPR card for a Health care Provider.
* Must have proof of MMR, Varicella vaccinations or titers.
* Must have a current TB/PPD or Chest X-ray
* High school graduate or equivalent, plus certification in an advanced Certified Phlebotomy Course. (CPT1 License)
Quality Temp Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Applicants must be eligible to work in this country.
Submit your resume to begin your job search today!
Please email or fax your resume to or call us at 818-831-1130 today!